2 large eggplant (skin removed) sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 large zucchinis (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
3 large red bell peppers (seeds removed) sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 1/2 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (sliced thin)
6 pieces fresh basil
1. Brush all vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Grill all vegetables until tender. Set to the side.
3. Begin to stack vegetables and mozzarella. (Eggplant, Zucchini, Mozzarella, Roasted Pepper, Eggplant, Zucchini and Mozzarella on top)
4. In a food processor, put 3 tbs. of olive oil and basil. Put in food processor. Beat for a minute.
5. Drizzle olive oil on top of cheese.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Put a little olive oil in a baking pan. Put all stacked vegetables in pan.
7. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
4 large pita breads
1/2 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1/2 lb. sliced Boar’s Head ham (chopped up)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Put pita breads in oven for 5 minutes and remove.
2. Put sauce on top of each pita.
3. Put chopped ham on each pita. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.
4. Put shredded mozzarella on each pita.
5. Return to oven for about 5 minutes.
*Pita should be a little crispy and mozzarella should be melted.
1 lb. fresh bonconcini (fresh mini mozzarella balls)
2 cups sundried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. fresh parsley
1. In a large ball, add all ingredients and mix well.
Serve at room temperature or chilled from refrigerator. (your choice)
1 (10 oz.) bag of cheese tortellini
2 apples (cut into slices)
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups lettuce (shredded)
1/4 cup scallions (chopped) *optional
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Boil tortellini to desired taste. (let cool)
2. On a platter, place lettuce. Put all other ingredients on top. (View photo.)
3. Drizzle your favorite vinaigrette dressing on top and serve.
4 large tomatoes (sliced)
8 slices of muenster cheese
2 large avocados (sliced)
2 tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees,
1. In a baking pan, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
2. Put a slice of tomato , avocado on top, and then top with a slice of muster cheese.
3. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake in oven for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 large eggplant (sliced)
2 zucchinis (sliced)
3 red bell peppers (sliced)
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced)
1 large ciabatta bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large deep bowl, put sliced eggplant, zucchini and red bell peppers. Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. Mix well. Cover with foil and let marinate for 2 hours. (you do not have to refrigerate it)
2. Grill all vegetables until tender.
3. Cut bread to make sandwiches. Layer all 3 vegetables and then a slice of mozzarella on top.
4. You can use a panini press or bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. You want the cheese to be melted and the bread to be crispy.
*Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper on top of cheese and vegetables. (optional)
1 lb. medium shrimp (tails removed)
1 lb. small scallops (rinse and drain well on baby towels)
1/2 lb. thin asparagus (stems removed)
2 cups carrots (thinly sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large skillet put 2 tbs. of olive oil and half of the garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute. Add carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until tender. (about 5 minutes) Turn off heat.
2. In a separate skillet, put 1 tbs. of olive oil and the rest of the garlic. Sauté for a minute and add shrimp and scallops. Stir and turn frequently. Cook for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, add to vegetables skillet. Raise heat, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and stir.
Serve hot. Serve as a meal or as mini appetizer or starter before a main course. See photo below.
3 cucumbers (cut into 1/4 inch bite size pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (bite size squares)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1/2 cup kalamata olives (pits removed)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. fresh or dry dill
4 tbs. olive oil
3 tbs. red wine vinegar
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except olive oil and vinegar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. When ready to serve, add olive oil and vinegar. Mix well and serve.