4 large pita breads
1/2 lb. piece fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1/2 lb. sliced Boar’s Head ham (chopped up)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Put pita breads in oven for 5 minutes and remove.
2. Put sauce on top of each pita.
3. Put chopped ham on each pita. Sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.
4. Put shredded mozzarella on each pita.
5. Return to oven for about 5 minutes.
*Pita should be a little crispy and mozzarella should be melted.
1 lb. fresh bonconcini (fresh mini mozzarella balls)
2 cups sundried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. fresh parsley
1. In a large ball, add all ingredients and mix well.
Serve at room temperature or chilled from refrigerator. (your choice)
4 large tomatoes (sliced)
8 slices of muenster cheese
2 large avocados (sliced)
2 tbsp. olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees,
1. In a baking pan, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
2. Put a slice of tomato , avocado on top, and then top with a slice of muster cheese.
3. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake in oven for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1 large eggplant (sliced)
2 zucchinis (sliced)
3 red bell peppers (sliced)
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced)
1 large ciabatta bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large deep bowl, put sliced eggplant, zucchini and red bell peppers. Pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. Mix well. Cover with foil and let marinate for 2 hours. (you do not have to refrigerate it)
2. Grill all vegetables until tender.
3. Cut bread to make sandwiches. Layer all 3 vegetables and then a slice of mozzarella on top.
4. You can use a panini press or bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. You want the cheese to be melted and the bread to be crispy.
*Sprinkle a little sea salt and black pepper on top of cheese and vegetables. (optional)
1 lb. medium shrimp (tails removed)
1 lb. small scallops (rinse and drain well on baby towels)
1/2 lb. thin asparagus (stems removed)
2 cups carrots (thinly sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large skillet put 2 tbs. of olive oil and half of the garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute. Add carrots and asparagus. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until tender. (about 5 minutes) Turn off heat.
2. In a separate skillet, put 1 tbs. of olive oil and the rest of the garlic. Sauté for a minute and add shrimp and scallops. Stir and turn frequently. Cook for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, add to vegetables skillet. Raise heat, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and stir.
Serve hot. Serve as a meal or as mini appetizer or starter before a main course. See photo below.
3 cucumbers (cut into 1/4 inch bite size pieces)
1 cup feta cheese (bite size squares)
1/2 cup red onion (sliced)
1/2 cup kalamata olives (pits removed)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. fresh or dry dill
4 tbs. olive oil
3 tbs. red wine vinegar
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients, except olive oil and vinegar. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. When ready to serve, add olive oil and vinegar. Mix well and serve.