Grilled Corn Salad
6 ears fresh corn, husked with silks removed
2 tbsp. canola oil
sea Salt and black pepper (pinch of each)
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
Lemon Dressing Ingredients:
1 lemon, juiced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt and a pinch freshly ground black pepper
1. Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool. Remove the kernels from the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with red pepper and scallions.
2. In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve at room temperature.
1 small red onions (sliced thin)
6 cups finely shredded green cabbage
5 carrots, peeled and grated
5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. caraway seeds
sea salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the green cabbage, onion, and carrots. (Let chill in refrigerator.)
2. After vegetables are chilled, add olive oil, white wine vinegar, caraway seeds and sea salt to taste. Mix well.
When an invitation came for me to meet Jim Parsons, the star of “The Big Bang Theory” and now on Broadway in “An Act Of God”, the only response was “Yes!!”. A truly wonderful, kind man.
2 lbs. prawns
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
bamboo skewer sticks
1. Put bamboo skewer through each prawn.
2. In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Put prawns on grill. Brush with butter while grilling. Turn over after 4 minutes and butter the other side.
4. Cook for a total of about 8 minutes.
*You can use any type of marinade, if you don’t want to use butter and garlic.
2 whole chickens (cut into pieces)
1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup tequila
3 tbsp. light brown sugar (firmly packed)
2 tbsp. garlic (minced)
2 tsp. sea salt
3 tsp. grated lime zest
1. In a large bowl add cilantro, lime juice, tequila, brown sugar, garlic, sea salt and lime zest. Mix well.
2. In a large bowl or pan put chicken. Pour tequila marinade over it. Make sure all pieces are covered in marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is better.)
3. There are two options for cooking. You can barbecue chicken on a grill or bake in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Chicken should be white on the inside when cooked.
1 head of iceberg lettuce (cut into 8 quarters)
8 slices of crisp bacon (chopped)
1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
Your favorite blue cheese dressing.
1. Cut head of lettuce into 8 quarters
2. Drizzle blue cheese on top.
3. Sprinkle bacon and red onion on top. (see photo)
*Lettuce should be cold.
Who will win this years Tony Awards? Good luck to all. The Tony Awards air on Sunday, June 7, at 8:00 pm on CBS-TV.
2 lbs. chicken cutlets (cut into strips and/or bite size pieces)
2 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium)
2 tsp. fresh ginger (grated)
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup fresh orange rind (optional)
2 cups orange juice
2/3 cups orange marmalade
4 tsp. corn starch
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Put chicken in a bowl with soy sauce and ginger. Mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. After chicken marinates for an hour, dust all chicken with corn starch.
3. In a deep skillet, fill about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.
4. Fry chicken pieces. Keep turning. (about 5 minutes) If using orange rind, throw in the last minute.
5. Let chicken dry on paper towels.
6. In a large skillet, heat orange juice, marmalade, 4 tsp. corn starch and sea salt. Keep stirring. Once it starts to bubble, add chicken to the pan. Keep turning so all chicken is covered with the orange sauce.