2 lbs. chicken pieces
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1 red onion (sliced)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black peppr
1 lime (seeds removed, sliced thin)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, mix chicken pieces with lime juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can even refrigerate overnight.
2. In a large baking pan, coat bottom with olive oil. Add all chicken pieces. Put red onions on top. Cover with tin foil and make a few holes in it.
3. Put in oven. After 30 minutes, remove tin foil. Cook for additional 25-30 minutes, until chicken is well cooked and a little crispy.
Garnish with room temperature lime slices.
1 lb. mixed greens (rinsed and drained well)
12 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 ripe pears (peeled and cut into pieces)
1 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
4 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large bowl, put all salad ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
3. Remove salad from refrigerator.
4. Pour dressing on top and mix well.
You probably know him from dozens of films and most recently on the CBS series, The Good Wife”, but Dylan Baker is currently on Broadway starring with Helen Mirren in “The Audience”. It’s a fantastic show. Go check it out.
Kumato’ is a trade name given to a patented cultivar of tomato developed in Spain called ‘Olmeca’. It is grown in Spain, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Turkey, The Isle of Wight Canada and Australia by specially selected growers. You can find Kumatos during the summer months at select produce stores.
12 kumato tomatoes
my hummus recipe (see link)
my melitzanosalata (eggplant) recipe (see link)
Stuff half of the kumatos with hummus and the other half with melitzanosalata .
2 lbs. pork spareribs
5 tbs. hoisin sauce
2 tbs. ketchup
2 tbs. soy sauce
2 tbs. honey
2 tbs. rice vinegar
2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
2 tsp. fresh garlic (minced)
1. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients. (except spare ribs.)
2. In a deep pan, put spare ribs. Rub half of the glaze mixture all over the spareribs. Cover it all over. (Save the other half of the glaze for baking.)
3. Refrigerate ribs for at least 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. In another deep baking pan, fill with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
5. Put a grate in the pan and put spareribs on top.
6. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes. Rub the extra glaze on the ribs every ten minutes. Turn the ribs over every 10 minutes also.
1 lb. pasta
8 plum tomatoes (chopped)
1 small onion (minced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1. In a large skillet, put 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for a minute. Add tomatoes and sea salt. Stir. Cook on a medium heat for about 10-12 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
2. Cook pasta to desired taste. Drain well.
3. Put pasta in a large bowl. Pour some sauce on top. Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Tony nominee Steven Boyer literally steals the show in the Tony nominated play “Hand To God” at the Booth Theatre. I have a feeling this guy is on his way to becoming a superstar. In the meantime, check him out in “Hand To God”.
1 lb. Linguine
1 lb. shrimp
1 cup of assorted olives in olive oil (room temperature) *pitted is better
parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Remove tails from shrimp. Boil for 5 minutes and drain well.
2. Add shrimp to your tomato sauce.
3. Boil linguine for 10 minutes or to desired taste. (Drain well)
4. Heat sauce and shrimp.
5. Put shrimp and some sauce on top of linguine.
6. Pour olives over linguine. Mix well.
7. Put grated parmesan cheese on top.
1 head of romaine lettuce (rinsed and drained well) *chopped
3 chicken cutlets grilled (cut into small bite size pieces)
1 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 avocados (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup red onions (chopped)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (chopped)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (cut into small pieces)
*Tortilla Chips optional.
1. In a large bowl put romaine lettuce.
2. Top with the remaining ingredients.
*Best served with a Ranch dressing. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
1 lb. box macaroni shells (for stuffing)
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb. piece of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
1. Boil pasta shells (according to box directions) Drain well.’
2. In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, 3/4 lb. of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and spinach. Mix well.
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. In a large baking pan, coat the bottom with tomato sauce.
4. Begin to stuff each pasta shell. Place in pan.
5. Put tomato sauce on top of pasta shells, and spread remaining 1/4 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. You want cheese melted and bubbly.