2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of one large lime (finely minced)
3 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
5. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
6. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
7. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Remove to cool on wire racks.