Chicken Meatball Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken (white meat)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 garlic clove (minced)
3/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
1 lb. cremini mushrooms, (sliced)
1 onion, finely (minced)
1 tbsp. flour
2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all chicken meatball ingredients. Mix well.
3. Using a tablespoon, roll mixture into meatballs and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in middle rack of oven until meatballs are cooked through, about 15 to 20 mins.
1. Add olive oil and butter to a medium pan over medium high heat.
2. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté, stirring until mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 mins.
3. Sprinkle over flour and stir. Add stock and bring to simmer. Add thyme and let simmer until mixture reduces and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Put gravy over chicken meatballs. You can serve over rice.