Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pie crust (any crust/dough recipe) 2 rolled out pieces for a 9 inch pie pan
1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups caramels (chopped)
2 tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
6 cups peeled, sliced apples
2 tbs. butter
1 tbs. lemon juice
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, half a cup caramels and flour in a bowl.
2. Put one layer of dough in a 9 inch round pie dish. Arrange apples in layers . Sprinkle sugar mixture over each layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice and put pieces of butter on top of apples.
3. Put top crust over filling, and press edges together.
4. Cut a few slits in top of dough.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center slits seem bubbly with sugar.
6. Let cool.
7. With the remaining cup of caramels, melt in microwave.
8. Drizzle caramel on top and around the edges of the pie. Let cool, then serve. *If you have a pastry bag or rolled wax paper with the tip cut off, you can make any design you wish.