2 lbs. brussel sprouts (cut in half)
2 cups of fresh mushrooms (cleaned, rinsed,sliced) *optional
1/2 pound Boar’s Head ham (chopped)
1 cup pignoli nuts
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 cups vegetable stock
2 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large skillet, put 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute and add brussel sprouts. Stir.
2. Add another tbs. of olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp. of sea salt. Add 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock and stir. Cook on a medium heat.
3. When vegetable stock begins to evaporate, add the other 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock and mushrooms. Stir again.
4. As vegetable stock begins to evaporate, add an additional tbs. of olive oil and 1 tsp of sea salt. Stir well.
5. When brussel sprouts become tender and are starting to brown, add ham and pignoli nuts. Mix all together.
6. Cook for additional 3-5 minutes and serve.
Serve hot. Brussel sprouts should be tender when serving.
*Mushrooms are optional in this recipe.