1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 cups fresh arugula
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
2. To make the sauce, whisk together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic powder in a large bowl; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towels, to soak up excess oil.
5. Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Top with sweet and sour sauce. Place into oven and bake until the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes, turning over every 15 minutes to evenly coat the chicken. Make sure chicken is cooked.
6. 5 minutes before it’s done, add arugula. Mix well and return to oven for 5 minutes.