1 lb. ground chopped meat
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli rabe (cleaned, rinsed and drained well)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 tsp. sea salt
1. In a large bowl, mix chopped meat, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, egg and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Use a heaping tablespoon of chopped meat and make round meatballs.
3. In a large skillet, put 3 tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Fry meatballs on all sides for a total of 5-6 minutes. Meatballs should be well browned.
5. Set meatballs to the side.
6. In a large pot of boiling water, cook broccoli rabe for 5 minutes and drain well.
7. In a large skillet, put chopped garlic with 3 tbsp. of olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute and add broccoli rabe. Sprinkle sea salt. Stir and cook until broccoli rabe becomes tender. (about 8-10 minutes)
8. Add meatballs to the broccoli rabe skillet. Make sure meatballs are heated through.