1 (16 ounce) package dry linguini
1 onion (chopped)
6 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
1/2 cup butter
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. dry white wine
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add linguini and return water to a boil. Let linguini cook until desired taste. Drain well.
2. In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
3. Drain the cans of minced clams, reserving half of the juice.
4. Stir the clams, reserved juice, butter, sea salt, pepper and wine.
5. Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes, until the sauce has reduced 1/3 and has thickened.
Spoon the clam sauce over the linguini and serve.