1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 carrot (peeled and finely chopped)
1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
1 pound shredded cooked turkey
3 cups marinara sauce or
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
Sea Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté about 4 minutes.
2. Add the carrot and celery and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the turkey and saute 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce.
4. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the basil. and season with a little sea salt and black pepper.
6. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on a low heat.
*Serve over pasta or brown rice. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.