2 pounds of yellow potatoes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp sea salt
1. Peel potatoes and place them in a steamer for about 30 to 40 minutes until tender.
2. Use a potato ricer to mash potatoes.
3. Add salt to the flour. Then add some flour to the potatoes to absorb the water .
4. Put potatoes on a floured board and use your hands to mix in the remaining flour.
5. Knead in the flour and potatoes until it forms a firm dough.
6. Form some of the dough into a ball and roll into a long rope.
7. Cut into one inch pieces and press lightly with a fork.
8. Place the potato gnocchi in a large pot of salted boiling water until the gnocchi floats to the top. Remove the potato gnocchi with a slotted spoon. It should take about two minutes.
2 lbs. plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 medium sized yellow onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
4 leaves of fresh basil
1/4 cup of fresh parsley ( chopped)
3 tbsp. of tomato paste
1/2 cup of red wine
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dry oregano
1. Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and submerge in boiling water for around 3 minutes.
2.Remove the tomatoes from the water and place in a bowl of ice water.
3. Peel the skin off the tomatoes, slice in half and scoop out the seeds.
4. Chop the tomatoes.
5. In a large skillet sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 3 minutes.
6. Add in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. (don’t let it burn)
7. Stir in the tomatoes, red wine, basil, and oregano. Simmer for 30-35 minutes.
Pour sauce of gnocchi. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh basil