2 cups cake flour
3 small packages of Birthday cake M&M’s ( small 1 serving packages)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
chocolate icing (of your choice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In one bowl, add cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. In another bowl, cream butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir well.
4. Gradually add buttermilk. Use a mixer to blend together until creamy. Add in 2 packages of Birthday Cake M&M’s. Stir gently.
5. Use a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Fill half way.
6. Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes. Test with toothpick to see if done.
7. Let cool and decorate with icing, sprinkles, and Birthday Cake M&M’s. (A dab of whipped cream in the center is optional)
Makes about a dozen average size cupcakes.
*If you can’t find “Birthday Cake” M & M’s, regular M & M’s are fine.