1 1/2 lbs. large sea scallops
1 lemon (juiced)
1 lb. potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 head of cauliflower
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Chop up cauliflower and place on a cooking sheet. Drizzle olive on top. Sprinkle with sea salt and a little paprika.
2. Cook in oven for about 30 minutes, until tender. Leave to the side and keep warm.
3. While cauliflower is cooking, boil potatoes for about 15 minutes (until tender) and drain well.
4. In a bowl mix potatoes with heavy cream, butter, 1 tsp.sea salt and cheddar cheese. Mix until creamy. (Keep warm.)
5. In a large skillet, put 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sear scallops on each side (about 5 minutes in total.) Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt while cooking. During the last minute of cooking, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
6. To plate the meal, place a dollop of mashed potatoes. Put scallops on top and roasted cauliflower around it. (See photo.)