2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup raisins
3/4 lb. cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 lb. unsalted butter ( room temperature)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. With an electric mixer, beat sugar, oil, and vanilla together in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and mix well.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly, with the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Add the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts to the batter. Mix until combined well.
6. Line muffin pans with paper liners. Scoop the batter into 22 small muffin cups or 11 larger ones, until each is 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes if using smaller cup liners or 35 minutes if you’re using larger cup liners. It depends on your oven. You will need to do the toothpick test a few times. Make sure the toothpick comes out dry. Let cool.
8. For the frosting, cream the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth.
9. When the cupcakes are cool, frost them.