1 lb. eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/4 inch thick)
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated cheese
3 eggs (beaten)
5 tbs. of olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. thyme
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced thin)
1. Put bread crumbs in a bowl and mix it with grated cheese.
2. Put beaten egg in a separate bowl.
3. Dip eggplant in egg and then in bread crumbs. Coat eggplant all over.
4. In a large skillet, put olive oil. Heat and slowly fry eggplant on each side until tender and crispy. (about 4 minutes each piece) Be sure to turn over while frying. Add more olive oil as you go along. Eggplant absorbs the oil quickly. Place on paper towel to absorb oil when each piece is done.
5. On a platter, layer slices of eggplant and mozzarella. (see photo)
6. In a small bowl, put 2 tbs. of olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix together. Drizzle over eggplant and mozzarella.
Fresh Mozzarella and Fried Eggplant Appetizer