1 lb. bay scallops
3 lbs. mussels (cleaned/rinsed in cold water)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup white wine
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
1. In a deep pot, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add mussels. Put lid on top. Stir mussels every minute. Keep turning them. When mussels are cooked, about 5 minutes, pour mussels into a strainer. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove mussels from each shell and place in a bowl to the side.
3. In a large skillet put 3 tbs. olive oil. Brown garlic for a minute. Add scallops and mussels. Add sea salt and stir. Frequently stir.
4. After 5 minutes, add white wine. Stir. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Put scallops and mussels on a platter.
6. Surround scallops and mussels with sliced fresh mozzarella. Drizzle a pinch of olive oil on mozzarella and sprinkle fresh thyme on top. (See photo)