1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/3 cup butter (for greasing muffin tin)
1/3 cup honey
Grated zest of 1 orange
2 cups whole grain flour (spelt, kamut, or whole wheat)
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Lightly butter a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. Put the orange juice, oil, honey, and orange zest into a medium bowl and mix well.
3. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
4. Add the orange juice mixture and combine, using as few strokes as possible so you do not over mix the batter.
5. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pans. Fill about 3/4 full.
6. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds on top.
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when tested.
8. Let the muffins cool before removing them from the pan.
Suggestion: Serve with a blueberry preserves.