It ran on CBS Television for 10 years and not so long ago, I got to meet some cast members who were being honored for their work on the popular series.
Charles Kimbrough who played Jim Dial and Faith Ford who played the very amusing Corky Sherwood.
Actor Grant Shaud who played Miles Silverberg.
4 large slices of tilapia
2 lbs. fresh plum tomatoes (chopped) or 2 (16 oz.) cans of crushed tomatoes
1 small sweet onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large skillet, add olive oil, onions and garlic. Let garlic brown for 2 minutes and add fresh plum tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook until tomatoes become soft and saucy. (about 10 minutes) When soft, remove and let cool for a few minutes.
2. Sea salt and black pepper (just a pinch) on each tilapia slice.
3. In a large baking dish, coat the bottom with a little olive oil. Put half the sauce in the bottom of the pan.
4. Place tilapia in baking pan. Pour remaining tomatoes on top and add parsley.
5. Baked in oven for about 18-20 minutes. Tilapia should be white and flaky.