2 lbs. large scallops
1 lb. asparagus (tough ends trimmed off)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
sea salt and pepper
1. In a large Ziploc bag put scallops, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and half of the chopped garlic. Let marinate for at least 2 hours. (Overnight is fine too.)
2. In a large pot of boiling water, boil asparagus for 8-10 minutes. Drain well. Asparagus should be tender. Leave to the side.
3. In a large skillet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add remaining garlic and brown for a minute.
4. Add scallops. Cook on both sides for at least 4-5 minutes. (on each side)
5. Add asparagus during the last two minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
Serve scallops on top of asparagus. Serves 4.