Irish Lamb Stew
1 1/2 lbs. lamb stew meat (cut in cubes)
6 tbs. all purpose flour
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 cups water
2 tbs. canola oil
4 medium carrots (cut into 1 inch pieces)
3 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1 cup fresh peas or frozen (defrosted)
1/2 cup half and half cream
1. In a large Ziploc bag, combine 4 tablespoons flour, sea salt and black pepper. Add lamb. Shake and coat well.
2. In a deep pot, put canola oil. Brown lamb on all sides.
3. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is almost tender.
4. Add the carrots, peas and potatoes. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
5. In a small bowl, place remaining flour; stir in half and half until smooth. Add to the stew.
6. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.