2 lbs. chopped meat
2 cups of the inside of Italian Bread (with a little water, to moisten, squeeze out excess water)
2 cups bread crumbs
1 lb. fresh mozzarella (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 hard boiled eggs (sliced)
2 cans (8oz.) Del Monte sauce
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dry parsley
1 tsp. dry oregano
1. In a bowl, mix wet bread and eggs with chopped meat.
2. On wax paper, spread out bread crumbs. Spread out chopped meat on top.
3. Put sliced hard boiled eggs and mozzarella on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped garlic. (see photo)
4. Roll meat into a loaf and put into deep baking pan. Pour Del Monte sauce cans around meatloaf. Fill each can (half way) with water and put around meatloaf.
5. Sprinkle oregano and parsley around meatloaf.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Bake in oven for 1 hour. (cover with aluminum foil for the first half hour and then remove for the final half hour)
7. Every 15 minutes, scoop some sauce over the meatloaf.