1 lb. brussel sprouts (if large cut in half)
1/2 lb. carrots (cut into bite size pieces)
3 tbs. olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 shallots (chopped)
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbs. brown sugar
11/2 tsp. sea salt
1. In a pot of boiling water, boil brussel sprouts and carrots for 7 minutes. Drain well.
2. In a large skillet, add olive oil, shallots and garlic.
3. Brown garlic and onions for a minute and add brussel sprouts and carrots. Sprinkle with sea salt. Stir well. Add another drizzle of olive oil and stir. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
4. In a bowl, mix pineapple juice, orange juice and brown sugar.
5. Pour over brussel sprouts and carrots. Stir well.
6. Continue cooking on a low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.