2 heads cauliflower, broken into florets
1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tbs.
1 large onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
6 cups water
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Place the cauliflower florets into a large bowl of lightly salted water. allow to stand for 30 minutes. Drain cauliflower well.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. On a greased baking pan (2 tbs. olive oil) put cauliflower. Drizzle a little olive oil over cauliflower. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
4. Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Remove from oven. Set aside.
5. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Cook the onion until translucent. Add in the garlic and roasted cauliflower. Stir.
6. Pour in the water and season with a little sea salt and black pepper.
7. Simmer for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add heavy cream. Stir.
8. Blend the soup in the pot with an immersion hand blender until creamy and smooth.
9. You can put soup in a blender, if you don’t have a hand blender. Then reheat for an additional 3 minutes.