She make look “a little” different today, but here I am with Joan Rivers in Atlantic City, many years ago.
4 slices of sole
1/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup chick peas
2 celery stalks (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion chopped
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Brush each slice of sole with olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on each side. (optional: you can bread the sole with bread crumbs or leave plain)
2. Brush the bottom of a large baking pan with a little olive oil. Add slices of sole and bake for 15-20 minutes. (depending on how thick the slices are)
3. While sole is baking, put tomatoes, chick peas, celery and onions in a bowl. Add 1 tbs. of olive oil and 1 tbs. of balsamic vinegar. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. and mix well. Put to the side.
4. Place filet of sole on a platter. Spoon tomato mixture on top of each slice.
This flavored brown rice makes a great side dish, or it’s a meal all by itself.
2 cups brown rice
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup pitted salad olives (Goya)
1 8 oz. can Del Monte Sauce
3 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot, brown the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add sea salt, pepper, oregano and can of sauce. Next, add olives. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, chicken broth and rice. The liquids should cover the rice.
3. Cook at a medium flame for about 45 minutes until rice starts to dry and become fluffy.
1 1/2 lbs. farfalle (pasta)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a medium saucepan combine cream and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter melts.
- Gradually stir in grated Parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, grated provolone cheese, and grated Romano cheese.
- Add spinach.Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir just until all cheese is melted.
- Pour over cooked farfalle and serve.