1 medium sweet onion (chopped)
2 cups cooked shrimp (chopped)
1 cup green peas
1 cup tomato sauce
sea salt & black pepper
1 quart rice
2 cups mozzarella (grated)
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Boil a large pot of water and cook rice. Set rice to the side when done.
2. Heat pan with 2 tbs. olive oil. Add onion and let brown lightly.
3. Add shrimp and tomato sauce. Add a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
4. Add peas and let tomato sauce reduce with pan uncovered.
5. Once mixture has thickened, put to the side and let cool.
6. In a large bowl, mix rice with 4 eggs, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
7. Add shrimp and pea mixture. Mix well by hand. With hands, shape rice into a medium ball.
8. Once shrimp balls are molded tightly, put them on a sheet pan.
9. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
10. Beat remaining 4 eggs in a bowl.
11. Take rice balls from refrigerator, dip them into the eggs, and then roll in bread crumbs.
12. Return to refrigerator and allow to set for another 20 minutes.
13. Heat 1 quart of oil in large deep sauce pan. With a large slotted spoon, gently place shrimp balls in hot oil.
14. Cook until golden brown on all sides. Let drain on paper towels.
Makes approximately 15 rice balls.
*You can also bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
*You can make them smaller for horderves if you like.