Simple Bread Stuffing
1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
1/3 cup butter
4 cups bread cubes
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
chicken broth (about 2 cups) *You want bread mixture moistened, not soupy
1. Sauté onion and celery in the butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture with bread, eggs, sea salt, pepper and poultry seasoning .
3. Stir in broth until well moistened. (Use your judgement. You want it moistened, not soupy. Stir together.
4. Bake in a greased ( a little butter) covered deep casserole dish at 350° for about 30 to 35 minutes. You want the chicken broth to absorb, but not dry out. Check midway through.
5. Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.