2 cups of a light red wine
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
4 firm pears ( peeled and cored) *I like Bartlett Pears.
1. Place wine, maple syrup, and sugar in a large pot with the cinnamon stick.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add pears.
3. Cover pot and cook for about 6 minutes.
4. Turn pears and continue cooking, covered, for an additional 8-10 minutes.
5. Cook until pears are tender.
6. Serve pears with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You can spoon the reduced liquid over the pears. You can also eat the pears, just the way they are.