2 cups of flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
2 cups chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease a pound cake pan with butter. Sprinkle a little flour into pan. Shake flour around the entire pan and shake out any excess.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl, with a mixture, mix eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
4. Slowly add in flour, a little at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix well until all flour is added and batter is creamy.
5. Pour batter into pound cake pan. Take a knife and even out the top.
6. Place in center of a hot oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Use a cake tester at 60 minutes to see if dry in the center. If cake tester is wet, return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Note: Everyone’s oven is different, so it’s always good to check on cake occasionally.
7. Let pound cake cool. Cut cake into different size rectangles. (see photo)
8. Wrap vanilla fondant around each piece.
9. Melt chocolate morsels in microwave. Put in a Ziploc bag.
10. Put wax paper on a baking pan. Draw eyes and a mouth for each ghost. Put in a freezer. When they dry attach to fondant. (see photo)
*Be creative, when decorating.