2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil (plus 2 tbs)
3 lbs. chicken breasts (boneless and skinless) cut into 1/2 inch bite size pieces
1 large onion ( chopped )
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups apricot all fruit spread or apricot preserves
1 1/4 lb. string beans (ends trimmed)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1. In a pot of water, boil string beans for 8 minutes and drain well. Set to the side.
2. In a large skillet add olive oil. Heat up and add chicken.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Brown the chicken for 5 minutes and then add onions. Cook 5 minutes more. Add a drop more of olive oil if needed.
5. Add chicken stock. When stock comes to a bubble, add preserves and stir to combine.
6. Cover pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. In another skillet, put 2 tbs. olive. Brown garlic and add string beans. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper.
8. Put string beans on a plate and put apricot chicken on top. (See photo)
Serve hot. Serves 4 people.