1 large yellow onion peeled, grated (through a cheese grater)
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup milk
4 slices of bread, crusts removed, bread cut into pieces
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. black pepper
6 tbs. butter
1/3 cup flour
1 quart beef stock
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp. sea salt
1. Sauté the grated onion in 2 tbs. of butter, over a medium-high heat, until the onions soften and turn translucent. (about 3-4 minutes) Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In a bowl, mix the bread pieces with the milk. Set aside for 20 minutes, or until the bread soaks up all the milk. When it does, chop the bread in a food processor and put it into a large bowl.
3. Add the onions to the bowl of milk and bread. Add the eggs, ground beef, sea salt and pepper. Using your (clean) hands, mix well for about 2 minutes until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Use a tablespoon to measure out the meat for the meatballs. As you form the meatballs, put on a greased ( a little butter) baking sheet pan. You should get about 30 meatballs.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Bake in oven for 18 minutes and then remove.
6. In a large skillet, put 6 tbs. butter, flour, beef stock, sour cream, and sea salt. Whisk in skillet. When it starts to boil, add meatballs.
7. Cook at a medium heat for about 10 minutes and serve.