2 cups of flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbs. melted butter
1 tbs. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease a pound cake pan with butter. Sprinkle a little flour into pan. Shake flour around the entire pan and shake out any excess.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl, with a mixture, mix eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
4. Slowly add in flour, a little at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix well until all flour is added and batter is creamy.
5. Pour batter into pound cake pan. Take a knife and even out the top.
6. Place in center of a hot oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Use a cake tester at 60 minutes to see if dry in the center. If cake tester is wet, return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Note: Everyone’s oven is different, so it’s always good to check on cake occasionally.
7. Let cake cool.
8. In a bowl, mix all lemon glaze ingredients. Mix well.
9. Poke holes in top of pound cake. Spoon glaze on top of pound cake. Spread glaze evenly.
10. Leave cake out, so glaze will dry.