4 thick chicken cutlet slices
8 slices of bacon or smoked bacon
4 slices of onion
1/4 cup flavored bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
12 bread and butter pickles
2 tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove of garlic chopped
1. In a Ziploc bag put chicken cutlets, olive oil,balsamic vinegar and garlic. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least two hours.
2. In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and keep warm.
3. Bread sliced onions in bread crumbs. Fry onions in same pan as bacon. You shouldn’t need any oil. Remove and keep warm.
4. In another skillet add a tbs. of olive oil. Cook chicken cutlets on both sides for 5 minutes each. Make sure chicken is well cooked.
5. Remove chicken from skillet. Place in broiling/baking pan. Put shredded cheese on top of each cutlet. Put under broiler or in oven until cheese melts. Watch it doesn’t burn.
6. On a roll of your choice, place chicken and layer pickles, bacon and onion rings on top. You can garnish with sliced tomatoes if you like.