2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup Crisco
3/4 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
1. Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT the buttermilk. Mix well.
2. Slowly add buttermilk. Stir slowly.
3. Roll on a floured surface. Knead gently for about a minute.
4. Cut into 2 inch pieces and roll into a ball.
5. Bake on a greased ( a little butter) pan. Place 2 inches a part on pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 12-18 biscuits.