2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 medium eggs (beaten)
1 cup of Crisco Shortening
6 1/2 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (morsels)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, mix brown sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla together. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to shortening mixture. Blend together.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and chill for 2-3 hours. (3 is better)
5. Roll large tablespoons of dough into balls. First roll the ball in the sugar, then roll it in the powdered sugar. Coat well. Place 3 inches apart on a greased (just a little) cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool before removing from cookie sheet. Let cool completely before serving.