A great alternative to mashed potatoes.
2 lbs. parsnips
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bulb of garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1. Wash, peel and cut parsnips into cubes. Place into boiling water for approximately 30 minutes. (until parsnips can have a fork pick them up)
2. Meanwhile, take 1 whole bulb of garlic. Put 1 tsp. of olive oil on the bulb and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. You want the garlic cloves to be soft when done.
3. After 30 minutes, strain parsnips. Remove all water.
4. Remove garlic from oven and remove skin.
5. In a mixing bowl, add parsnips, cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper. With a mixer, mix until parsnips are creamy. Add a little extra salt and pepper if needed.