1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 3/4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of walnuts (chopped into small pieces)
1 cup of raisins
3/4 cup margarine or butter (softened)
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and mix.
2. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
3. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and walnuts.
4. Drop a tablespoon of batter onto greased cookie sheet. (You can make them larger, but with creamed filling, smaller is better.)
5. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. You want them to dry a little and be crispy.
Cream Filling Ingredients:
2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 lb. box of confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mix cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy. Refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Remove from refrigerator and make oatmeal cookie sandwiches with the cookie and cream filling. (see photo)
3. Keep cookies refrigerated. Remove cookies from refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.