1 lb. penne
1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese (shredded)
2 cups fresh riccotta cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper
Vodka Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 lb. chopped pancetta (bacon)
1/4 cup vodka
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp fresh parsley (chopped)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil penne for 10-12 minutes. (depending on your desired taste) Drain well
2. In a big bowl, add fresh mozzarella, ricotta and grated cheese. Mix well.
3. Melt butter in a skillet and add pancetta. Let brown for a few minutes and add vodka. Stir well.
4. After a minute, add tomato sauce and cream. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. Add parsley during the last minute of stirring.
5. In a big, deep baking pan, coat the bottom with a ladle of sauce. Add half of the pasta. Put a layer of sauce and then a layer of cheese mixture on top. (Use all of the cheese mixture.) Spread it out evenly. Add a ladle of sauce on top. Put the remaining pasta on top. Put sauce on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes and remove it for the remaining 10 minutes.
Serve hot. Serves 4 people.