1 lb. lasagna (at least 10 slices)
3 cups fresh ricotta cheese
2 cups fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups tomato sauce (homemade suggested)
1 large egg white (beaten)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a large pot of boiling water, boil lasagna for about 10 minutes. Read directions on box for exact time. Drain well, when done.
2. In large bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, egg white, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well.
3. In a large baking pan, coat the bottom with 1 cup of tomato sauce.
4. Take a piece of lasagna and lie on a flat surface. Put 2 tbs. of ricotta mixture on top. Spread ricotta evenly on lasagna slice. Roll up lasagna slice. (see picture)
5. Place each lasagna roll in baking dish. You can put a little more sauce on top evenly. Also, sprinkle a little additional cheese on top.
6. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.