You may remember Holland Taylor from the Tom Hanks sitcom “Bosom Buddies” or currently on “Two and A Half Men”, but Ms. Taylor is currently in the Broadway show “Ann”. Go check it out. It was a pleasure to talk with her.
Broadway actor Brian Stokes Mitchell is the Actor’s Fund Chairman.
John Contratti with Boardwalk Empire’s Steve Buscemi
John Contratti and Chazz Palmintari
John Contratti and Oscar Winner Cuba Gooding Jr.
I had the golden opportunity to attend the Actor’s Fund Gala which honored Robert DeNiro. It was a great evening to meet and have dinner with so many wonderful performers.
Lyricist and Composer of Broadway’s “Matilda” Tim Minchin and John Contratti
“Kinky Boots” Billy Porter and John Contratti
The very delightful Blythe Danner and John Contratti
1 (16 oz.) can of chick peas (drained)
4 tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 tbs. tahini
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse slowly. You can add, if needed, another tbsp. of olive oil while it is mixing. It should be smooth and creamy.
Serve right after making or refrigerate. Serve with pita bread.
*Optional: Sprinkle a 1/4 tsp. of paprika on top.
2 large eggplants
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cut eggplants in half. Put on a baking sheet. (Skin side down.) Drizzle a little (2 tbs.) olive oil on top. Bake for 40 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
2. Let cool and then scoop out the insides.
3. In a food processor, add scooped out eggplant, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, parsley and olive oil. Pulse many times until smooth.
*Can be eaten warm or chilled with pita bread.
1 lb. slice of feta cheese
1 cup kalamata olives
1 cup peperoncini peppers
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1. Place feta cheese on dish. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle black pepper. Cover with kalamata olives and peperoncini.
I was always given the opportunity to attend many opening nights on Broadway. One person I would always run into was the wonderful Brooke Shields. Here’s one of my favorite photos with the two of us. Keep telling all your friends to follow and check out “Cooking With Mr. C.”