You need time to make this bread.
3 1/4 cups flour
4 large eggs (one is for egg wash)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbs. butter
1 pkg. dry yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. orange or lemon peel (your choice) optional
1. In a bowl, mix 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
2. Warm butter and milk and mix into dry ingredients. Add in 3 eggs and another 3/4 cup of flour.
3. Add in peel, if using. Mix well.
4. On a floured board begin to knead dough. Add remaining flour while kneading. Knead for approximately 8 minutes.
5. Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover bowl with towel. Let rise for about 90 minutes.
6. When dough has risen, shape to desired look. You can braid it into a circle. Let dough rise for another hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. Decorate with colored eggs. (eggs should not be cooked, just colored) Press gently into dough.
8. Take one egg and beat with 1 tsp. of water. This is your egg wash. Brush on top of bread. You can also sprinkle sesame seeds on top, if you like.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Use toothpick to see if cooked inside.