2 cups of flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease a pound cake pan with butter. Sprinkle a little flour into pan. Shake flour around the entire pan and shake out any excess.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl, with a mixture, mix eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
4. Slowly add in flour, a little at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix well until all flour is added and batter is creamy.
5. Pour batter into pound cake pan. Take a knife and even out the top.
6. Place in center of a hot oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Use a cake tester at 60 minutes to see if dry in the center. If cake tester is wet, return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Note: Everyone’s oven is different, so it’s always good to check on cake occasionally.