2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups margarine
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup green sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in green sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.