1 whole chicken cut up
2 onions finely chopped
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 cups tomato sauce (homemade if you have)
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup bread crumbs.
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl mix ground beef, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, egg and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Make into small meatballs.
2. In a large skillet, put 3 tbs. of olive oil. Cook meatballs for about 5 minutes until browned on both sides. Check the middle of one to make sure meat is cooked. Remove and leave to the side.
3. In a large skillet, put 1/4 cup of olive oil. Heat oil and add onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes and add chicken. Brown chicken on all sides and cook for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add tomato sauce and water. Stir. Lower to a medium heat and cover for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Add meatballs and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Make sure chicken pieces are white in the middle and cooked.