I’m very excited to be part of “The Actor’s Fund”. When it comes to a few of my favorite things, acting and movies is right up there with cooking. What a thrill it was to dine with Bebe Neuwirth and Chris Calkins most recently.
10 chicken cutlets (each cutlet cut into 3 pieces)
1 cup all purpose flour
5 tbs. butter
2 tbs. olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup marsala wine
1/4 cup cooking sherry
2 tbs. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. In a bowl, add flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat all the chicken cutlets in the flour.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter on a medium heat. Add olive oil. Place cutlets in skillet and brown. Turn cutlets over and add mushrooms. Add marsala wine and sherry. Cover skillet and let simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes. Occasionally turn cutlets over. Cutlets should be white on the inside.
Serve Hot. Serves 6 people.
1 lb. mixed greens (washed and drained) (mixed greens should be chilled)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup candied walnuts (plain walnuts are fine too)
1. In a large bowl, place mixed greens.
2. Add all ingredients on top.
Optional: Dressing choice can vary. This type of salad goes best with a little olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar. Add 4 tbs. of olive and 2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar.
3. Once you decide on your dressing, add to the salad and mix well.
Serves 4 as a salad before dinner.
2 cups of flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tbs. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease a pound cake pan with butter. Sprinkle a little flour into pan. Shake flour around the entire pan and shake out any excess.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl, with a mixture, mix eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
4. Slowly add in flour, a little at a time, to the butter mixture. Mix well until all flour is added and batter is creamy.
5. Pour batter into pound cake pan. Take a knife and even out the top.
6. Place in center of a hot oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Use a cake tester at 60 minutes to see if dry in the center. If cake tester is wet, return to oven for 10 more minutes.
Note: Everyone’s oven is different, so it’s always good to check on cake occasionally.
1 (16 oz.) container of fresh ricotta cheese
2 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with an electric mixer. Mix until creamy and smooth.
2. Fill a pastry bag with cannoli cream. Fill each end of the cannoli shell.
Optional: You can dip each end in choclate morsels.
Cannoli filling fills about a dozen large shells or about 18-20 mini shells.