1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. dark chocolate morsels (get a good brand)
3/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
sea salt (optional)
1 jar of chocolate Nutella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Put parchment paper on baking pans.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, brown sugar and butter. Beat until creamy.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
4. Slowly beat in dry ingredients into egg mixture.
5. Add chocolate and walnuts. Stir it in with a wooden spoon gently. Make sure it is well blended.
6. Use a heaping tablespoon and place on baking pan. (about 2 inches apart)
7. Optional: Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie.
8. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes. If you made larger cookie bake about 15-16 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if they’re baked.
*Makes about 2 dozen if you use a tbsp. for each cookie. *12 cookie sandwiches
9. Let cookies cool. When cooled, spread Nutella on the inside of each cookie. Put two cookies together to form a cookie sandwich,
10. Dust with confectioner’s sugar. (powdered sugar)