8 thin pork chops
2 cups carrots (sliced thin)
1/2 cup leeks (chopped)
2 cups oyster mushrooms (chopped) *you can use other mushroom
1 cup heirloom tomatoes sliced
sea salt and black pepper
1. In a large skillet, put 2 tbsp. of olive oil and cook pork chops on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook approximately 10 minutes in total. Pork chops should be white in the center when sliced. Remove pork chops and set to the side.
2. In the same skillet add 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Add leeks, carrots and mushrooms. Stir. Add another tbsp. of olive oil while cooking. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. When carrots are tender, add tomatoes. Stir.
3. Add pork chops back to the same pan. Heat for another minute and serve.
Latest Entries »
1 lb. of your favorite pasta
1 lb. broccoli rabe
1 lb. sweet sausage (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup white wine (optional)
1. In a skillet, put 2tbs. of olive oil. Add sliced sausage. Drizzle a little more olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes. Set to the side.
2. In a pot of boiling water, throw in broccoli rabe. Cook for 5 minutes and drain well.
3. Set up a pot of water. When water begins to boil, throw in pasta. Depending on the pasta you are using, do a taste test before it’s done.
4. In a skilet, put 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add garlic. Once garlic browns, add broccoli rabe. Drizzle a lttle olive oil and salt and pepper. After 5 minutes, add sausage. Stir together. If you decide to add white wine, add it now. Cook for additional 3 minutes on a low simmer.
5. Drain pasta well. Add sausage and broccoli rabe on top. Sprinkle your favorite grated cheese on top. Serve warm. Serves 4 people.
Have You “Liked” “Cooking With Mr. C.” on Facebook?
1 lb. cooked spaghetti
1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta
1 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (shredded)
1 cup thinly sliced pepperoni
2 eggs (beaten)
4 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper
1, Boil spaghetti to desired tatse. Drain, pour cold water over spaghetti. Drain well.
2. In a large bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, pepperoni, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Mix the beaten egg into the cooled spaghetti. In a large frying pan, put olive oil. Put half the spaghetti in pan. Put all ricotta, mozarella, pepperoni mixture on top. Spread it out.
4. Put remaining spaghetti on top.
5. On a medium heat, cook on one side for 10-12 minutes. After 8-10 minutes, using a dish, flip over and put back in pan. Cook on other side for another 8-10 minutes. You want it to be crispy on the outside. (See picture) Serve hot.
Optional: If you have a cast iron pan, you can bake it in the oven. 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
1 lb. piece of fresh tuna
1 cup canned chick peas (drained)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh carrots (chopped)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper on tuna.
2. With a little olive oil, brush a heated grill and grill tuna until desired taste.
3. In a skillet, put olive oil. Heat for a minute and add chick peas, red onions, carrots and sundries tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Mix well.
5. After 3 minutes, add white balsamic vinegar. Cook for an additional minute.
6. When serving, pour over grilled tuna and serve hot.
4 large chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
4 slices Swiss Cheese
2 cups of eggplant (peeled and cut into cubes)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
salt and pepper
1. In a large Ziploc bag, add chicken breasts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Take half of the chopped garlic and add it to the bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. In a very hot skillet, remove chicken breasts from Ziploc bag and brown chicken breasts on both sides for a total of 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Coat a large deep baking dish with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Add chicken breasts and bake for 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a large skillet, add 3 tbs. of olive oil. Brown remaining garlic and add eggplant. Stir frequently. Cook until eggplant is crispy. When done, remove and set to the side.
5. After 40 minutes, remove chicken from oven. Put a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast. Spoon eggplant on top of each chicken breast.
6. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove and serve hot.
2 ripe tomatoes (diced)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (chopped)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
pinch of sea salt
Italian bread sliced thin or thin crispy toast crackers
In a large bowl, put tomatoes, olives, red onion, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt. Stir gently.
If you’re using Italian bread, slice it thin.
Put bread on a baking tray and rub a little olive oil on top of each slice.
In a preheated oven, 350 degrees, let bread crisp in the oven. (about 5 minutes)
Let bread cool for 5 minutes and put bruschetta on each slice.
8 eggs (poached)
1 lb. lump crabmeat
3 cups plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup mayonnnaise
1 tbs. dijon mustard
1 large egg (beaten)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix egg, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. (Adding hot sauce is optional.) Add crab meat to the mixture and stir. Refrigerate for an hour or two to chill.
2. After an hour or two, remove crabmeat from refrigerator. Put bread crumbs on a separate dish. Depending how large you want your crab cake, take 2 tbs. of crabmeat an roll into a ball. Then roll the ball in the bread crumbs until fully covered. Using your hand, press down to flatten. (about 1/2 inch thick) Repeat the process with the rest of the crabmeat.
3. You have two cooking options. You can fry them in a pan with olive oil, 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. You can also bake them in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Brush a little olive oil on the baking pan before putting crab cakes in the oven.
4. In a deep pan, fill with water. Bring to a boil. Crack eggs into water. With a tablespoon, keep lifting white of the egg over the yolk. Let stay for about 3 minutes, until white of the egg becomes firm.
5. Place poached eggs over the crab cakes.
Serves 4 people.
1 cooked Rotisserie chicken cut into bite size pieces (no skin or bones)
2 cups brown rice
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup pitted salad olives (Goya)
1 8 oz. can Del Monte Sauce
3 cups water
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot, brown the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Add sea salt, pepper, oregano and can of sauce. Next, add olives. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, chicken broth and rice. The liquids should cover the rice.
3. Cook at a medium flame for about 40 minutes or until rice starts to dry and become fluffy.
4. 5 minutes before rice is done, add cooked chicken to rice. Make sure chicken is heated through.