4 ears of fresh corn (cut into pieces)
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp. garlic (minced)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
In a small pot, melt butter. Add garlic, sea salt and black pepper.
On a grill, add ears of corn. Baste corn well.
Turn corn frequently and keep basting throughout.
Cook for a total of 5-7 minutes.
*You want the kernels tender.
10 pork cutlets (cut in strips)
1 medium red onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups fresh snap peas
1 cup carrots (shredded, small pieces)
1 cup mushrooms (rinsed and dried) * cut in half if large
1 cup string beans (rinsed and cut in half)
2 tbs. fresh ginger (shredded)
5 tbs. sesame oil plus extra
3 tbs. soy sauce (low sodium)
1 tbs. fresh basil (chopped)
1. Using 2 tbs. of sesame oil, cook pork strips (about 5 minutes) in a large skillet. Remove and put to the side.
2. In same skillet put 3 tbs. of sesame oil. Heat up for a minute and add garlic, red onions, carrots, mushrooms, string beans and snow peas. Stir frequently. Add 2 tbs. of soy sauce and stir. (If you need a little more sesame oil, add a little.)
3. When vegetables are tender, add cooked pork, basil and ginger. Drizzle a drop of sesame oil and 1 tbs. of soy sauce. Cook on a high heat for 3 minutes and continue to stir.
1 lb. Linguine
1 lb. shrimp (thawed)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (room temperature)
1 cup of assorted olives in olive oil (room temperature) *pitted is better
tomato sauce (2 cups)
parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Remove tails from shrimp. Boil for 4-5 minutes and drain well.
2. Add shrimp to your tomato sauce.
3. Boil linguine for 10 minutes or to desired taste. (Drain well)
4. Heat sauce and shrimp.
5. Put shrimp and some sauce on top of linguine.
6. Pour olives and cherry tomatoes over linguine. Mix well.
7. Put grated parmesan cheese on top.
1/2 lb piece of fresh salmon
2 cups of cooked brown rice (warm)
1 fresh mango (sliced into thin slices, bite size)
1/2 cup candied pecans
4 cups of mixed greens
1 small cucumber (sliced into this slices, bite size)
honey dijon dressing (or dressing of your choice)
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, put salmon. Rub olive oil on top. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 15-18 minutes. (Don’t dry it out.)
- In a large bowl, put mixed greens.
- Chop up cooked salmon and put on top. Add brown rice, mango, cucumber and candied pecans.
- Add salad dressing and mix well.
Serve warm or cold. Your choice.
2 cups mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
1 cup green olives
1 1/2 cups chick peas
1 bruschetta recipe (see my link)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well. Refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving.
4 boneless pork chops
1 lb. shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. thyme
1. In a bowl put sea salt, garlic powder and thyme. Mix together.
2. Coat pork chops with a little olive oil. Sprinkle mixed season on chops.
3. Grill chops about 12- 15 minutes. Frequently turning. (Pork should be white on the inside when done.)
4. In a large skillet put 2 tbsp. olive. Add garlic and brown for a minute. Add mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes. (until tender) Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
1 lb. medium shrimp (cleaned and thawed)
3 large zucchini (sliced)
5 red bell peppers (cut into small squares)
3 tbsp. olive oil plus extra for brushing
2 tsp. dry thyme
sea salt and black pepper
- Rub olive oil (3 tbsp.) on grill. Heat grill before placing vegetables and shrimp on grill. *Some people put aluminum foil on grill so vegetables and shrimp don’t fall through. Depends on the grill.
- Place shrimp, zucchini, and red bell peppers on grill. Brush a little olive oil on top. Sprinkle with thyme, sea salt and black pepper.
- Turn over after about 3-4 minutes, Check frequently so nothing is burnt. *Shrimp cooks a little faster than the vegetables. After turning over, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme, sea salt and black pepper. Cook for an additional 3 plus minutes. Remove from grill and serve. *Serve with fresh lemon and tzatziki sauce.
2 lb. piece Chilean Sea Bass (cut into four 1/2 lb. pieces)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbs. olive oil
1. In a Ziploc bag, put Chilean Sea Bass .
2. In a bowl, mix brown sugar, pineapple juice and grounded ginger.
3. Pour into Ziploc bag and refrigerate. (at least for 3 hours)
Directions: (Two Cooking Options)
You can Grill Sea Bass on a barbecue grill for a total of 12-15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a baking pan, coat with one tbs. of olive oil. Pour entire Ziploc bag into pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Make some cuts into the foil.
2. Bake sea bass for 18-20 minutes. Remove foil, and return to oven for 5 minutes and then serve. *Make sure it doesn’t dry out
*Serve with a side vegetable.
1 lb. fresh arugula (rinsed and drained)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 avocados cut into pieces
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped garlic (3 medium garlic cloves)
2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Add all vegetables to one bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix dressing ingredients. (You may want to make the dressing an hour before serving)