8 chicken cutlets
1 large eggplant (peeled and sliced thin)
1 large zucchini (sliced thin)
2 red peppers (sliced)
2 whole bulbs of garlic
4 tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
1 fresh lemon (squeezed)
sea salt and black pepper
cooked rice (of your choice)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Take both whole bulbs of garlic and put on top of aluminum foil. Pour a tbsp. of olive oil on top. Wrap up the garlic and place in oven for 30 minutes.
2. Remove garlic from oven and cool.
3. Peel skin off of garlic. In a food processor put garlic, parsley and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Pulse to a slight paste. Then add fresh lemon juice and beat again.
4. Rub a little olive oil on a grill. Grill all vegetables on both sides. You can baste vegetables with garlic mixture. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
5. Grill chicken on both sides, until cooked. (Meat must be white on the inside.) Baste with garlic mixture, when chicken is almost cooked. Cook for additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
6. On a platter, place your favorite cooked rice. Top with chicken and grilled vegetables. (see photo)
1 (8 oz. can) chick peas (drained)
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 tsp. tahini
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 qt. cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 basil leaves (chopped)
*extra olive oil
In a food processor, put chick peas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Mix until smooth.
In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and basil. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Mix well.
On a plate put some hummus. Put tomato and feta mixture on top. (see photo)
8 slices of veal cutlets
2 cups of mushrooms (sliced)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (chopped)
5 pieces of basil (ripped into pieces)
2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
3 tbsp. butter
1. In a large skillet put butter. Once melted, add veal cutlets. Season with a pinch of sea salt on each piece. Cook on both sides for about 3-4 minutes each. Remove and set to the side.
2. In the same skillet, add olive oil and garlic. Brown for a minute. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and sundried tomatoes. Cook for abut 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
3. When tomatoes are tender, return cutlets to the pan. Raise the heat high for 3 minutes.
Serve on a platter with basil on top.
4 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of butter
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 can of vanilla icing
food gel or food coloring
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
2. Add fllour and baking powder. Mix well. Roll out dough on a floured board.
3. Using a Easter egg cookie cutter ( medium size), cut out dough.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Check after 12 minutes, as you don’t want the cookies to burn on the bottom.
5. Let cookies thoroughly cool.
6. In a bowl put 1/2 cup of vanilla icing. Put about 4 drops of food gel/coloring. (depends on how dark you want the green to be) I used yellow, red and green. (separate bowl of icing for each color) For a pink color, 2-3 drops of red coloring. Mix well.
7. Put a “very thin” layer of icing on cookies. You can decorate the cookies any way you like.
8. Let icing dry a little before serving.
Makes about a 12-15 cookies. You can always double the recipe, if you want to make more. (depends on the size of your cookie cutter)
My 4th graders are big fans of CBS Sunday Morning. So it was extra special when the morning show journalist, Tracy Smith, agreed to switch places and be the one who is interviewed. A wonderful morning of Skyping with a very kind lady.
8 chicken cutlets (thinly sliced)
1/2 lb. string beans (ends trimmed and rinsed)
1 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil (chopped)
1 (8 0z.) can of artichoke hearts (chopped)
1/3 cup olive oil plus 1 tbsp.
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
sea salt and black pepper
- In a large pot, boil string beans in boiling water for 12 minutes. Drain well. In a large skillet, put olive oil. Add garlic. Brown for a minute and then add string beans, artichoke hearts and sundered tomatoes. Stir well. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes (keep stirring) and remove from heat. Keep covered in a bowl.
2. Use same skillet. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add cutlets. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. Cook on both sides.
When all cutlets are cooked add string bean mixture back to the skillet. Make sure all is heated well. Serve hot.