9-inch pie crust, refrigerated dough or make you own dough. (unbaked)
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup flour
Apple pie spice, a good sprinkle
4 medium apples, peeled, cored, sliced
1 tbsp. butter, cut into bits
Granulated sugar for topping
Reheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Place pie crust onto prepared baking sheet.
2. Rinse apples and remove stems. Peel, core and slice apples.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, flour and a sprinkle of apple pie spice. . Mix well to combine.
4. Add sliced apples to the bowl and mix gently.
5. Turn out apple mixture onto the pie crust leaving a 3-inch border around the pastry edge.
Dot butter bits on top of the sliced apples.
6. Fold the pastry to partially cover the apple slices. You will need to fold the pastry
7. Sprinkle granulated sugar over pie.
8. Bake pie 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.